Wednesday, January 9, 2008

THING #12 - MySpace/Facebook

Actually, I already had a Facebook account. This is very similar to MySpace. As like MySpace you can search by persons name. However, on Facebook, (at this point) I don't know if you search by email address. (I honestly havn't tried.) This facebook account is my personal site, not a school realted one. I may go back and create one with my school email address. Feel free to view my Facebook. There are alot of entries with my same name. Try adding the middle initial (M) and this will take a number of enties out.

I'm going to go back to Ning once I can get in and play with it.

Facebook, MySpace, etc, are great for staying in touch with people you don't see much anymore. For some people, this is their only source for keeping in touch, answering "emails", etc. As with anything else on these types of sites, you do need to be cautions as to how much personal information you put on them. I will probably use this source mostly to keep in touch with old college/high school friends etc.

4 comments:

mmw said...

Hey - I found you on Facebook and sent you a friend request.

Debbie said...

It is amazing the way we can keep in touch with relatives or old friends through the new technologies.
Keep up the good work!

learninglou said...

I was impressed that you already had a Facebook account, but as sure that you had it in college since that how you keep in touch with college/high school friends. I agree that we should not give too much personal information.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.